find attorneys find lawyers professional lawyers find attorneys find lawyers professional lawyers find attorneys find lawyers professional lawyers find attorneys find lawyers professional lawyers find attorneys find lkkh
find a lawyer - criminal lawyer business attorney new york lawyer immigration lawyer disability lawyer find a lawyer dui lawyer divorce lawyer bankruptcy attorney family lawyer trademark lawyer criminal lawyer personal injury lawyer criminal defense lawyer tax lawyer
.Immigration Law Resources
What is Immgration Law
FAQs For Immigration visa
Where is my application?
Immgration Lawyers
.Criminal Law Resources
What is Criminal Law
FAQs Criminal Law
About Bail
Criminal justice
Criminal Lawyers
.Bankruptcy Law Resources
What is Bankruptcy Law
FAQ About Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy Process
Facts & Statistics
Bankruptcy Lawyers
.Labor Law Resources
What is Labor Law 
Employees Rights  
Federal Labor Law
Law For Wages Payed
Labor Lawyers 
.Employment Law Resources
What is Employment Law  
Discrimination Law
FAQs For H1B
Employer V/S Employee
Employment Lawyers
.Real Estate Law Resources
What is Real Estate Law
Real Estate Related Terms
Landlord and Tenant Law
Mortgage Law
Real Estate Lawyers
.Personal Injury Law Links
What is Personal Injury 
Establishing Your Claim 
Tips in filing lawsuit 
FAQs Personal Injury
Personal Injury Lawyers
.Business Law Resources
What is Business Law
Choose Type Of Business
Law That May Affect You
Legal Requirements
Business Lawyers
.Divorce Law Resources
What is Divorce Law
Is Divorce For You
Divorce Process
Save Cost On Divorce
Divorce Lawyers


Different ways you can come to live in the U.S?

There isn't one answer to that question. And among the multiple answers, none are simple. Although, if you find that one visa is a perfect match for you, it might indeed be a relatively simple process.

The first question you need to answer is what is the basis for your move? People cannot simply move to another country because they want to. You have to be coming to join immediate relatives (parents, children, spouses or siblings), to be a student, to do a job, to start a company, to invest money; you have to have a reason that is much more concrete than simply "because I want to."
So, first things first: If you don't have a basis for immigration, you'll need to choose one.

Depending on your basis, you will either be applying to come temporarily, on a temporary visa, or permanently, with the intention of applying for a green card, and perhaps eventually, citizenship.
Review all the visa, humanitarian and parole types below. If you do not qualify for any of these, your only choices are illegal immigration (a very poor choice), or the green card lottery (worth a shot because it's free to enter for those who qualify, but your chances of winning are slim, so use this as your last resort).
Once you have decided upon your reason, or your "basis" for immigration (living in the United States permanently) or a temporary visa (living in the United States temporarily), you will need to find out whether your reason, or basis, qualifies (is "in general terms" approved by the U.S. Government). Does the government think your reason for coming to America is a good one, and do you meet the criteria (rules) for applying? If you do, you will then need to apply, and to prove that you qualify (that you can follow the rules). You can not just say "I have enough money to support myself," or "I have a job offer," or "I plan to study," or "I am going to invest money." You cannot just make promises and expect to be believed. In nearly all cases, you will need to have bonafied proof of these circumstances, and will need to follow-through with your plans. Tracking in this country was not always very good, but it has much improved since 9/11 and the government plans to continue with that improvement. This is part of the reason that the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has been replaced by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), which belongs to the Department of Homeland Security: organization, tracking and security when it comes to foreign nationals in the United States.

Types of Visas
To enter the United States you need either a temporary or immigrant visa. You can apply for either one at an American consulate or embassy outside the United States. The temporary visa allows you to visit the United States for a limited period of time, while the immigrant visa allows you to live in the U.S.A. permanently. Holders of temporary visas can apply for an "adjustment of status" when in the United States to convert their visas into immigrant visas, but the process is complicated.
Temporary visas are given for a number of reasons, most commonly for tourists, students, businesspeople or people seeking medical care in the United States. Most visitor visas are valid for six months. There is no limit to the number of temporary visas issued. People applying for temporary visas may often have to prove that they intend to return to their countries (rather than live in the U.S. as undocumented aliens) before the visa will be granted. A person with a temporary visa may also be denied entry into the country at the border if the INS believes the person is politically subversive, a disease carrier, or is likely to attempt to stay in the country permanently.

Immigrant visas (permanent residence visas) are limited to a certain number per year and per country for most preference categories. Refugees and certain relatives of U.S. citizens are not subject to numerical limitation. The emphasis of the system is on keeping families together.

  • B1 / B2 visa - Business travelers may enter the United States using a B1, or 'Visitor for Business' Visa. In practice these visas are invariably issued as jointly with B2, or 'Visitor for Pleasure' (i.e. Tourist) visa. This practice means that, if a candidate has an old tourist visa, it may be valid for a planned business trip FOR MORE INFO CLICK HERE....


  • F1 visa - The F1 visa is a student visa that enables foreign nationals to study in the US at accredited academic institutions. In some cases, F1 students may work while enrolled in school. Prior to or upon graduation, the student may engage in practical training for up to 12 months.

If you are going to the US primarily for tourism, but want to take a short course of study of less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so on a tourist visa. You should inquire at the appropriate US Embassy or Consulate. If your course of study is more than 18 hours a week, you will need an F1 or M1 student visa.

  • H1B visa - H1B Visa Program: the H1B is the primary USA work visa / work permit for professional foreign workers, in "Speciality Occupations", who want to live and work in America.

The H1B Visa is typically used for the following professions: Computing & IT, Telecoms, HealthCare, Finance & Accounting, Teaching, Legal, Marketing & Advertising, Sales, Management and Engineering.

  • J1 visa - A J-1 Exchange Visitor is a person who comes to the U.S. temporarily to study, teach, conduct research or receive training as a participant in an Exchange Visitor Program. Teachers College has been designated by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (formerly USIA) to sponsor such a program. Teachers College's program number is P-1-1089. You may be attending Teachers College under the sponsorship of another Exchange Visitor program. Be sure you know who your sponsor is and who to contact if you have questions or need an authorization (e.g., for employment, extension, or transfer) processed.
  • R visa - The R Visa classification provides non-immigrant religious workers the opportunity to work or serve temporarily in the U.S. as ministers of religion, religious professionals, or as other religious workers
Popular Law Links - Attorney Legal Services

Criminal Lawyer Injury Lawyer Personal Injury Lawyer Attorney Legal Services
Lemon law Tax Attorney - Tax Lawyer Bankruptcy Attorney Criminal Defense Attorney Family Law Labor Employment Attorney New Jersey Lawyer California Lawyer Megans Law Business Attorney Civil Right Attorney Texas Lawyer Real Estate Attorney Immigration Attorney Power Of Attorney Insurance Attorney California Attorney Criminal Defense Lawyer Immigration Lawyer Labor Law New York Lawyer Dui Lawyer Vioxx Lawyer Real Estate Law Florida Lawyer Injury Law Firm Family Lawyer Find A Lawyer Trademark Lawyer New Bankruptcy Law Bankruptcy Lawyer Michigan Lawyer Divorce Lawyer Employment Law




Alabama Lawyers
Alaska Attorney
Arizona Law Firms
Arkansas Lawyers
California Attorney
Colorado Law Firms
Connecticut Lawyers
District Of Columbia - DC
Delaware Attorney
Florida Law Firms
Georgia Lawyers
Hawaii Attorney
Idaho Law Firms
Illinois Lawyers
Iowa Attorney
Indiana Law Firms
Kansas Lawyers
Kentucky Attorney
Louisiana Law Firms
Maine Lawyers
Maryland Attorney
Massachusetts Law Firms
Michigan Lawyers
Minnesota Attorney
Mississippi Law Firms
Missouri Lawyers
Montana Attorney
Nebraska Law Firms
Nevada Lawyers
New Hampshire Attorney
New Jersey Law Firms
New Mexico Lawyers
New York Attorney
North Carolina Law Firms
North Dakota Lawyers
Ohio Attorney
Oklahoma Law Firms
Oregon Lawyers
Pennsylvania Attorney
Rhode Island Law Firms
South Carolina Lawyers
South Dakota Attorney
Tennessee Law Firms
Texas Lawyers
Utah Attorney
Vermont Law Firms
Virginia Lawyers
Washington Attorney
West Virginia Law Firms
Wisconsin Lawyers
Wyoming Attorney
Washington DC Law Firms


Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. Your access to and use of this website is subject to additional terms and condititons. All contents, including text, graphics, images & information available on or through this Web site are for general informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice. Never disregard professional legal advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you read on this website. You are encouraged to consult your attorney with regard to information contained on or through this Web site. Click here to read further.... Copyright 2002 FIND-ATTORNEYS.COM All rights reserved.


Site Designed & Maintained by Advance Infotech Inc.